The StoneHouse at Duck Lake
We have compiled a list of information to help you plan your trip to Montana and the StoneHouse at Duck Lake.
Feel free to call or email us if you have further questions.
The weather in northwest Montana is reliably unpredictable, so be prepared to have multiple layers handy for any weather condition.
The Blackfeet Fish And Wildlife Department is encouraging sportsmen to buy their fishing and hunting licenses on-line. If you are planning on fishing during your stay at the StoneHouse, it would be wise to buy your license before you leave on your vacation. The Tribe is limiting the number of vendors allowed to sell licenses to 5 and it can be difficult to locate these vendors and secure a license when you get here. Purchasing your license on-line can be a bit confusing, so I’ve listed the steps below in an attempt to make the buying process more efficient. Please call or email me if you find any discrepancies.
1. Go To http://blackfeetfishandwildlife.net > Home Page > scroll down to middle of Home 1. Page and in the center of the page find “Online Licensing” > Click
2. Goes to “Sign In” page. Enter Name and drivers license # > Click “Continue”
3. Enter email to generate a PIN # (Enter email address to receive PIN # via email or text)
4. Click – “Go Back To Start” and enter Name and newly generated PIN # > Click “NEXT”
5. This will take you to “Personal Info Page.” Enter all needed info if they don’t already have you on file.
6. Click “Buy Permits” (Orange button)
7. This goes to “Select Permit Page” > Select Conservation License > click ADD PERMIT > enter Credit Card Info and process.
(IMPORTANT – You will need to buy and pay for the Conservation License first, then go back and select and pay for the Non-Member/Non-resident Fishing License. Both Conservation and Fishing Licenses should be on the final license when you print it out.)
8. Go back to “Available Licenses” and select Non Member/Non Resident Fishing from drop down menu. Select 1 day, 3 day or Annual > Click Next
9. Enter Credit Card Info and Pay
10. Print and Sign
There are many items that you should have for your hunting or fishing trip. Here are a few we have found helpful.
- waterproof hunting/fishing jacket
- waterproof hunting/fishing paints
- waterproof hunting boots
- long underwear
- wool socks
- sunglasses/polarized if fishing
- 12 gauge recommended
- camera and batteries
- fly rods and accessories
If you are bringing your own dogs:
- dog food and bowl
- transporting kennel
- electric collars and leashes
If you are flying you have two choices; Great Falls International in Great Falls or Glacier International Airport in Kalispell.
Both airports are full service airports and are approximately 2 hours from the StoneHouse.
Take 464 Duck Lake Rd. Drive north 30 miles to Duck Lake. Take right on West Shore Dr. Go 1.8 miles and the Stonehouse will be on your right. Feel free to call for more precise directions. 406-250-9415
From St. Mary’s:
Take 89 north 8 miles. Before crossing the bridge over the St. Mary’s River, take a right onto 464 Duck Lake Rd. Drive 4 miles then take left onto West Shore Drive, go 1.8 miles and StoneHouse will be on your right.
Lot #4 Golden Glacier Park Lands
Babb, MT 59401
GPS Coordinates: 48°52'16.40"N 113°21'48.46"W
Elevation 5,057 Feet